Lilypie 3rd birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Apple Picking

I know I promised to post our apple picking pictures awhile ago, but life got busy.  My 30th Birthday hit and then I was off to Mexico to celebrate.  Seven family and friends joined me and Doug and Addison stayed home this time.  I would have liked Doug to join, but I felt so much better leaving Addison with Doug and her being in the comfort of her own home.  I missed her tons.  There were a number of younger kids at the resort and every time I saw one my heart ached to see Addison.  I was able to Skype with them once and Addison did not stop talking the whole time.  She kept kissing the screen and blowing kisses.  It was absolutely adorable.  Luckily I was going to be home the next afternoon and receive those kisses in person!

So back to apple picking!  We went to Eckert's to pick some apples and it was crazy busy as usual.  We headed to the play area to wait for the line to go down.  I thought there would be things for her to do but it was all too big for her.  We brought her by the animals but Doug wouldn't get her close to them, I guess he was nervous.  She enjoyed the tractor ride and walking around the orchard.  I made an apple pie with our hand-picked apples and it was YUMMY!

Doug on the opposite end from the camel.

The camel was waaaaay over here.

Selling our apples.

This was as close to the pony and she would get.
She did NOT want to ride on it.



Waiting for our tractor ride.
After searching for trees that actually had apples on them, we found a perfect apple.

Taste testing our apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment