Lilypie 3rd birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

18 Months

So I'm a little late with this post since Addison turned 18 months back on 10/30.  We went to the doctor for her checkup and he discovered she had an ear infection.  I had no idea.  She wasn't running a fever, tugging on her ears, or crabby at all.  So we couldn't get her shots until 2 weeks later at her follow-up.  The doctor asked if she was running yet.  Uh yeah, she's been running away from me for months!  He asked if she's climbing things.  I catch her climbing EVERYTHING that she shouldn't.  We have tall kitchen chairs and she can figure out how to climb all the way to the seat - so yes, she's climbing.  He asked how many words she's saying and that one was hard.  Initially I wanted to say only a few, but actually when I started to think about it, it was way over 10.  The words she says often and audibly are Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Abby, puppy, drink, eat, bite, please, thank you, no, yes, bye-bye, hi, stop, night-night, ball, shoe, baby, and hot.  I'm sure I'm missing some but that's all that's coming to mind right now.  So she checked out fine in that area.  We had her follow-up appointment last Friday and her ear infection was gone and she received 2 shots with short-lived tears.  She's a tough one!

Stats
height: 33'' (85%)
weight: 24lbs11oz (60%)
head: 18-1/2'' (65%)

She's such a snuggle bug in the morning when you get her out of the crib.  She rests her head on your shoulder and hugs you tight for a long time.  I think that's my absolute favorite part of the day.  Addison loves to give hugs and kisses, especially to other kids.  She doesn't know her own strength though because she practically clobbers the other child.  She's as active as ever - she never stops.  With the cold weather upon us I don't know what we're going to do about her beloved outdoor time.  We'll have to find a big indoor arena or something!

Addison loves to watch her sing-along DVDs.  Her favorite song is ABCs and she'll even sing short portions of it (qrs, wx).  It's funny to watch her watch it because most of the time she's either standing in front of the tv with one hand down the back of her pants or laying on the floor with her legs bent and arms behind her head.  I'm telling you this girl is our entertainment - always making us laugh. 

The toy she plays with most often right now is probably her alphabet puzzle.  The puzzle pieces have pictures to represent the letter and that picture is also on the board.  She can match up every single one!  She loves to match them up and them make a mess of them and start over again.  Actually she loves to do that with everything.  She'll dump all her toys out of her basket and put them back one by one.  She's very good about putting away her toys - hmm, wonder if it's because of her neat-freak of a mom!

As funny and entertaining as Addison can be, she also gets an attitude and is very stubborn.  If she wants something she can't have or is doing something she shouldn't and you stop her, she'll throw her arms up, head back and go stiff as a board - tantrum drama queen!  Usually it's short-lived, but some days they happen often.  And this ladies and gentlemen, is why I say I can wait for baby #2.  It gets exhausting to deal with, I can't imagine having double the fun!  We also have an issue with her biting.  I've tried everything and nothing helps.  I know people say it's a phase and she'll grow out of it but we can't get through this phase fast enough.  It's such a frustrating, helpless feeling.  Probably the first of many to come I'm sure!  Addison is starting to learn empathy though.  If you act like you're crying she'll come over and give you a hug and pat you on the back.  If she hurts you, she'll say she's sorry by rubbing your cheek.  It melts my heart!

Motherhood can be a very challenging job but the most rewarding job in the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Addison is getting and how much she looks like her daddy.

    I was awarded a "pay-it-forward" award for those blogs that have less then 200 followers and tomorrow I will be posting a blog on the 5 I chose to pay it forward. Your blog was one of them. It is the Liebster Award. Please stop by my blog tomorrow to see what the award is about.

    ReplyDelete